Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Dawn Of The Dead (2004)














This remake of the classic horror film directed by George A. Romero is chock full of zombies and the undead. I laughed, I cried, I was on the edge of my seat. The ending to this movie was so different from other movies out there. Not many times do you see a movie where all the main characters are dead before the end of the film. I think this movie is a great one. Remakes are always very iffy. The opening scene of this movie was awesome. When Sarah Polley's character is driving away from her home, the camera pans up to give a bird's eye view and you can see all the death and destruction the undead has caused. Priceless. The shot sold the movie for me.

Mr. Romero - as far as horror films go - you have my 5 stars.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0363547/

No comments: