Monday, May 19, 2008

Jurassic Park (1993)














Jurassic Park
is and will always be in my top 3 favorite movies. It's a bold statement, but it's one that I can make with a fair amount of certainty. This movie opened up a window of the science fiction genre that had not been touched in many years. When this movie came out in 1993, child moviegoers were so scared by this movie because of the sheer reality it portrayed. The dinosaurs looked so real and were so scary that people had to leave the theatres to attempt to subside the nightmares that their children were sure to have later that night. The Tyrannosaurus Rex was more than amazing. This movie sparked a new interest in our scaled predecessors.

Steven Spielberg brought the book by Michael Crichton to the big screen and gave it a life that I'm sure even Mr. Crichton was astounded by. I saw this movie in the theatre 7 times myself. Spielberg is a genius. Always has been.

Mr. Spielberg - I give this movie 5 stars for sure.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107290/

No comments: